Thank you so much for helping us eliminate a lot of bugs already, please continue to report any issues you come across so that we can get them fixed sooner!
The V1.1.0 update is a big one, it comes with a new, more efficient compiler, Vulkan Rendering and Audio Functions! There has been a lot of effort put in and now we are getting close to having the patch ready.
We have also made some changes in the direction of the engine itself, starting with the rendering. To save time and resources we are going to drop OpenGL, and support full Vulkan. While Vulkan still has a long way to go to becoming the perfect rendering API, by the time the engine reaches Beta Stage it will have had more than enough time to mature and become even more powerful. From our initial testing we have already found it being massively more efficient than OpenGL and that's something we strive to achieve! Don't be too worried about compatibility issues with your GPU, Vulkan is backwards compatible with fairly old graphics card's. We have attached links below to check to see if your card is compatible.
AMD: http://www.amd.com/en-gb/innovations/so ... ing/vulkan
Licensing is also going to be re-discussed as various loopholes and problems with the current licensing options, expect changes with the Personal and Academic Licensing options. We will also be releasing options for Team licenses that will help reduce costs.
Just like we did for v1.0.0 here is a checklist of what remains for us to do before the update is ready!
- Generation of LLVM code for compilation (Done!)
- Export all functions into the new compiler (Done!)
- Operators & Variables (Done!)
- Types (50%)
- Mesh Loading (Done!)
- Texture Loading (Done!)
- Smart Pointers for effective memory management (Done!)
- Materials Re-Vamp (Done!)
- SpirV shader support (Done!)
- Update Interface Functions to render via Vulkan (0%)
- Importing/Exporting Audio Files (Done!)
- Basic 2D Audio Functions (Done!)
- Basic 2D Audio Manipulation (Done!)
- Looping & Targeted Looping (Done!)
- Loading Assets by ID (50%)
- 3D View ports in Engine (50%)
- Advanced Mathematical Calculations in the Compiler (Done!)
Some have been asking about FMOD and whether there will be options for audio without needing to use FMOD. Initially there won't be, but we will add some audio functionality to the engine that is not dependent on FMOD however it is very likely that it won't be any where near as extensive as the FMOD functions. There are limitations for using FMOD functions in your projects but they are very minute, you can find details here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61